This is an interesting excursion to La Ciénaga de Zapata and Guamá where you will enjoy the exuberant vegetation and fauna of this place. The Ciénaga de Zapata is a biosphere reserve and is the main insular Caribbean wetland, declared a Ramsar Site by UNESCO.
The Zapata Swamp was inhabited by Indians of the Siboney tribes, they practiced fishing and hunting with very creative methods that can be seen in the sculptures of the Taino village. Upon the arrival of Columbus, this area was almost depopulated and became a haven for pirates.
This day trip is completely customizable. A private driver will pick you up at your accommodation in Havana and help you choose the best options to make the most of your day.
- Pick up at your accommodation between 08:00 a.m. to 08:30 a.m. The duration of the trip is approximately 2 hours.
- Stop at Jaguey Grande to stretch your legs.
- Visit to the largest crocodile farm that exists in Cuba.
- Visit to the Tourist Park of Guamá, located in the Ciénaga de Zapata, with a total area of 10499 km2, and located in the southern part of the province of Matanzas. Possibility of making a boat trip through channels through La Laguna del Tesoro, a beautiful natural lake of 9 km2 of area and 4 meters of average depth, surrounded by virgin vegetation and where trout abounds.
- Panoramic tour of the Taino Village, where you can see along with the guano huts numerous life-size sculptures of aborigines performing various daily tasks.
Return Time: 6:00 PM
Optional Service (extra cost): Guide in English, French, Italian or Russian
Included: Service provided in a modern car or van with A/C, driver at your disposal, fuel.
Not included in the price: Tickets to visits, meals or drinks.
Prices (full vehicle)
Up to 3 people: 150 CUC
Up to 4 people: 160 CUC
Up to 7 people: 240 CUC
Up to 10 people: 270 CUC
Up to 14 people: 350 CUC
Up to 20 people: 450 CUC